Think About Eye Care Differently: Create a Healthy Environment Around Your Eyes by Keeping Your Skin Healthy
When most people think of eye care, they think of glasses, contact lenses and things directly related to vision, but what makes your eyes a vision for others to see? Your skin has a lot to do with it. The skin around your eyes is different than the rest of your face and that it has different needs. There is a whole vocabulary for eye area skin issues: crow’s feet, puffiness and dark circles. So what do we get from special eye creams?
Why is the Skin Around Your Eye More Difficult to Maintain?
There are a number of reasons why the skin around your eyes may be the first place that you begin to see eye wrinkles and puffiness and the only place you’ll see dark circles including:
- The skin around your eyes is thinner than elsewhere on your face. Therefore, when damage does occur to the skin around the eyes, it surfaces and is obvious more quickly.
- The skin around your eyes doesn’t produce its own moisture (unlike the skin on the rest of the face). When skin isn’t hydrated, wrinkles and loose skin become more apparent.
- We typically don’t protect the skin around our eyes from sun damage and Environmental Aging as effectively as we protect the rest of our face. Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15 | PA++ offers sun protection even to this sensitive area.
- Wrinkles can be caused by repetitive motions—that’s why we all create wrinkles around our eyes when we frown or squint
As you can see, there are many reasons why the skin around your eyes needs some extra attention.
Related Product: Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15 | PA ++
Hydrate the area around the eyes while also delivering antioxidant strength and protecting against environmental and UV damage.
“I love this eye cream! I bought this eye cream as a preventative measure. I like how in addition to moisturizing the delicate skin around the eye it also has an spf to prevent skin damage as well. I have been using it for 7 months now and so far so good. It will sting if it gets in your eye but not any more than any other eye cream.” Emily369, St. Louis, MO
- Practice Inclusive Health™: Skin that is healthy on the inside looks better on the outside. Be sure to eat your water daily as recommended by Dr. Murad’s in his best-selling book, The Water Secret. Because the skin around your eyes doesn’t naturally produce moisture, it’s up to you to hydrate.
- Wear Sunglasses and Hats: Because we often don’t apply the same sun protection to the skin around our eyes as we would the rest of our face, but sure to wear sunglasses (with UV protective coating) and hats to shield the sensitive eye area from damaging UV rays.
- Don’t Frown! Frowning is a repetitive motion that leads to eye wrinkles. Stay happy and stress-free!
- Start Using an Eye Cream Daily: And, of course, the sooner that you begin combating the breakdown of collagen and lack of hydration around your eyes, the longer they will stay bright, firm and youthful looking.
Related Product: Murad Renewing Eye Cream
This triple threat to eye area aging combats puffiness, crow’s feet and dark circles all at once.
“About to restock on this again. I’ve been using for 2 years now, and after getting carding for buying beer twice in few weeks AFTER my 40th, well that speaks for itself. Use to have fine lines and didn’t help w/ rubbing eyes when have allergies. I’ve always had dark circles, but visible difference since using. I’ve given friends and family my secret I’m so happy with the results. It’s worth it.” Anika, Pasadena, CA
Eye care doesn’t just mean picking out flattering frames (though that’s important, too!). It’s about making sure that your eyes are healthy all around. Consider the entire eye area when thinking about eye care!